If you haven’t checked it out yet please visit our new blogsite at www.nolenphotography.com We are excited to have all our sites & pages all in one spot! Please update any feeds or readers with the new website. Thanks!
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 Posted in cards
I love these new Christmas cards! The following designs are available this year. Prices are $50/set of 25.
Most things on these cards can be changed so if there is a card you love but you’d like to see different colors or number of pictures, just let me know! Of course the verses and text can be changed as well.
This is my dear friend, Sara. I first got to know Sara when I was a senior in high school and she was in seventh grade. We were in the same youth group and I ended up leading a small group of girls throughout my college years. Sara has always been one of my favorite people in the whole world. I love her, I get her and she gets me (except that she is like a million times smarter, funnier and more stylish than I am). It is a rare and unique friendship and one of my most treasured. I could not be more excited to see Sara as a bride this weekend as she marries her love, James. He is her perfect match. I am also thrilled that we are actually attending a wedding as guests! Sara did let me take some engagement pictures this spring. I have no idea why I haven’t shared them yet. Here are a couple of my favorites.
Love you, little Sara. Happy wedding!
Last month we took a vacation to the beach with my family. One of my favorite parts was having the chance to take pictures of my brother and his family. Anyone who knows me or has read this blog knows that these people mean the world to me. It makes me so happy to see these pictures.
I could eat.him.up. I can’t believe he is about to be three years old! He was just born!
I love the following series. I love seeing Kelly and Andy love their boys.
And of course my G never wants to be in pictures until I’m taking pictures of someone else (especially when that someone else is his cousin/best friend/partner in crime). I love the friendship that these two share. Oh, my heart is so full when I see them together!
1. So I took a little summer break from my maybe five on Monday series but I’m hoping to start up again now that we’re moving into a little more of a routine around here soon.
2. We grew a watermelon! We’ve actually had two that we have been able to eat and several that didn’t make it. The watermelon was kind of a last minute addition to our garden this year but it ended up being really fun to watch this summer and so yummy to eat. In other harvest news, we (I use that term loosely) have planted round two of lots of seeds and are hoping to get another crop before the frost.
3. As our family and business has grown in the last few years, I have really reduced how much I cook. There are just some things that have to go and cooking has been one of those for me. However, having tons of fresh vegetables from our garden has really inspired me again and I have to say that I have enjoyed trying lots of new recipes. One of the best (occasionally annoying) parts is that G loves to help and it has been something that we do together most afternoons after nap.
4. I have been pretty open about my Pinterest obsession and it has not let me down as a resource for recipes.
5. We have been shooting weddings almost every weekend since May. After this Saturday, we’ll have a few weeks off but it will be birthday central for our families. Lots of busy weekends ahead. What can we say? We thrive on busy…
6. Oh, I almost forgot. We have big business news coming up soon! Can’t wait to share and it will also mean some fun specials for fall.
7. Last thing…if you email me in August to set up a fall session, you’ll get $25 off your sitting fee.
Monday, August 1, 2011 Posted in weddings
I knew from the first day I met with Taylor and her mom that this would be a special wedding. They are just the kind of people who care more about others than they do themselves. Taylor and Brett had a joyful wedding day–they laughed through the entire thing. We were so thankful to be a part of it. I’m so happy to show you some of the beautiful details and images from their day!
Monday, July 18, 2011 Posted in engagement
Valerie and Trent were married this past Saturday on a gorgeous (really!) July day. I can’t wait to share the pictures here. For now, here are some of my favorites from their engagement session. We did the pictures at Valerie’s family’s farm and it was such a fun place to explore! And for the long term blog readers, I was not chased by any cows at this session!
I do work hard to document our every day life. For me, the real problem is doing anything with all of the pictures that I take. I always think I’ll go back and edit, blog, print or even just look at them but I rarely do. These few snapshots snuck into my Lightroom catalog and they made me happy when I came across them tonight. These are from a couple of weeks ago. This is my chaotic, completely haphazard flower bed. I love it. I just planted a bunch of seeds of my favorite flowers along with a few things that my dad gave me, watered them faithfully and am now enjoying unending bouquets of flowers in my house. Grayben loves to pick them and give them to me. I am not sure anything could be sweeter…
There is definitely nothing spectacular about these pictures. I didn’t break out the macro lens or try to do anything exciting. But I am thankful to have captured a little bit of the beauty that fills our summer days.
This little bug just crawls and cruises around on the deck while G and I pick flowers.